We help millions of users to find or create reviews for everything on earth on our platform.
While using our Sites and Services, and as part of the normal course of business, we may collect personal information (“Information”) about you. We want you to understand how we use the information we collect, and that you share with us, and how you may protect your privacy while using our Sites.
When you provide your Information to us, you consent to the collection, storage and use of your Information by us, our Affiliates and third parties in accordance with the terms set out in this Policy. “Affiliate" is any legal entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with Gartner (our parent company).
TYPES OF INFORMATION:
To enable visitors to take advantage of our services, we collect certain types of Information from both reviewers and viewers, such as during registration or when submitting a review. This Information may include your first and last name, email address, business and address, profile photo.
We collect this Information to support our legitimate interests in conducting our business: (i) to operate our programs; (ii) to fulfill your requests; and (iii) to respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries. We retain this Information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
We automatically collect some information about your computer activity when you visit our Sites to help us customize your user experience. We will collect session data, including the time at which you visited our Sites, your IP address, web browser software, referring website and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. We will also collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and keywords searched. The technologies we use for this automatic information collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Flash Cookies are local stored objects used by certain features of our Sites to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Web Beacons are small electronic files (clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may be used by parts of our Sites to track the number of users who have visited those pages and other related website statistics (e.g., verification of system and server integrity).
We use these Web Technologies for the following general purposes:
• To help us customize your user experience on our Sites and on other websites across the Internet. (e.g., when you access a web page on our Sites, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate the Internet and to present you with information we believe may be of interest.
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of Site features and offerings and advertisements (e.g., we work with third-party service providers to collect data about your use of the Sites for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to your interests as you visit other websites across the Internet).
Data That May Be Shared With Other Users
When you use the Consumer Services, your authorized friends may see some of your PII, such as your name, email address, phone number associated with your account, profile photo, hometown, mayorships and badges/stickers, and links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your TheDigest account), a list of your friends, a map of your check-in history, any content or comments that you post, and which Apps you use. When you communicate on or through the Consumer Services, such as by direct messaging to your friends or checking-in to a business, an establishment, or a location (each a “Location”), such as a gym or a restaurant, your friends may see this Data, too. You can always control what you want visible to others, including your friends, at any time by clicking on “Settings” in your account and making your choices. Publicly available Data such as the Data available in your user public profile, tips, likes, saves, public photos, lists that you create and follow, tastes, badges/stickers, mayorships, and lists of friends and/or followers may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our Enterprise Services to our partners and customers.
Data That May Be Shared With Third Party Partners And Service Providers
A key purpose of the Consumer Services is to help users discover and learn about Locations, upcoming events, and brands that are relevant to them, and for these organizations to provide information about themselves, their Locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their Location or event through offers or specials provided to you in compliance with applicable law. When you visit a Location, your visit may be shared with that Location so they can provide superior products and services to you. Sharing your visit means providing the Location with your user name, profile photo and the handles for any social media accounts you have connected with your TheDigest account (e.g., your Twitter ID) at the time you “check-in” to a Location. You can always control what Data you choose to share with Locations by adjusting your preferences in “Settings.” We may also use service providers, vendors and contractors to provide or perform services on our behalf. In these cases, we may need to share your PII with them. Our service providers, vendors and contractors will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only process the PII in accordance with our prior written instructions; and not use the PII for their own purposes; and (ii) use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the PII; together with any additional requirements under applicable law. When we partner with a business, we may share Data with them but only in aggregate or in some cases, we may share a non-identifying ID such as an advertising ID or a hashed identifier (“pseudonymized”). When we share Data in a pseudonymized form, a unique identifier is shared so that our partner can measure conversion as to whether an individual has seen its ad, visited its website, or you went to its brick and mortar location. We may also share or disclose aggregated, pseudonymized, and/or anonymous Data to other third parties, including TheDigest Users you may follow, and developers who use our API or SDK, or our other Enterprise Customers, for analytical or other purposes. See also “Media Products” section of Part III below.
When You Consent
• If you consent or authorize a third party app to access your TheDigest account, we may share your Data with such third party app. You can revoke your consent at any time in your TheDigest account profile settings.
• We sometimes enter into relationships with partners to offer contests and promotions through the Consumer Services. For example, we may partner with a brand to have a contest to win a prize and if you enter the contest, we may share your email address and/or other necessary PII with such brand, with your consent. In these cases, we will only share Data that is necessary with our partner.
We may share your Data when we believe in good faith that such release is necessary to comply with law or a legal process, including laws outside your country of residence; to protect our rights, property, or safety of TheDigest, our employees, the Consumer Services and others. We may share your Data as part or in anticipation of a business sale, merger, consolidation, investment, change in control, transfer of substantial corporate assets, reorganization, liquidation, or similar business transaction or corporate event.